Home Telephone Location New Telephone Numbers

Google Translate is not 100% accurate


The Council is not responsible for the provision of sandbags and the public are advised to contact the Flooding Incident Line by telephoning: 0300 2000 100.

How To Report Flooding

To report a flooding problem on roads, burst water mains and blocked drains, please telephone: 0300 2000 100

This number is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

You don't have to decide which organisation you need to ring and you don't have to contact the Rivers Agency, Transport NI (formerly known as Roads Service) or NI Water - this will be done for you.

When you telephone, a member of staff will take all your details and contact the appropriate agency on your behalf. This is a non-emergency number so if you are in danger call the emergency services on 999.

Public or commercial premises that wish to be prepared in advance of an emergency may find this information useful.

Sandbag Suppliers 

  1. Haldane Fisher – Tel. 028 3026 3201
  2. John Knox, Kilkeel – Tel. 028 4176 2373
  3. John Rodgers, Dundrum Road, Newcastle – Tel. 028 4372 4410
  4. John Shilliday, Main St, Newcastle – Tel. 028 4377 8220
  5. JP Corry (previously Phoenix) – Tel. 028 3026 0911 
  6. JP Corry, Bullydugan Road, Downpatrick – Tel. 028 4461 2011
  7. Kellys Hardware, Warrenpoint – Tel.028 4177 3674 
  8. Mallons Hardware Forkhill Road. Newry – Tel. 028 3084 9441 
  9. Newry Building Supplies – Tel. 028 3026 7626 

Any sandbag suppliers who have not been listed above and would like their details added, please contact 0330 137 4043.

For further information on preparing for and dealing with flooding please also visit: NIDirect/Flooding

Rate Relief for Properties Affected by Flooding 

Land & Property Services (LPS) can consider the circumstances of properties impacted by flooding on a case by case basis. For Non-Domestic properties relief may be available through Valuation processes, for Domestic properties, an exclusion may be available through rating of empty homes legislation.

Non-Domestic/Commercial Properties

Information and an online Application Form to have a property’s valuation revised is available on www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/business-rates-valuing-alterations-existing-properties

When Land & Property Services (LPS) receives an application a LPS Valuer will visit and assess the property to determine if the damage merits an amendment to the Net Annual Value and revision of the Valuation List entry.

If the application does not result in an amendment to the Valuation List, ratepayers may consider applying for relief under the Hardship Rate Relief Scheme.