Home Telephone Location New Telephone Numbers

Google Translate is not 100% accurate

Emergencies in our Community

All local councils have a major co-ordinating role in planning what to do in an emergency and helping the community to recover from major incidents.

In the event of an emergency please go to our 'Emergency Contacts' page.

Our Aim

We aim to make sure that we are ready to respond and help the community if a major emergency takes place in our district.

We can provide support in a number of ways following a disaster. For example, we can: make buildings such as leisure and community centres available to people, provide health and safety advice on cleaning up after major flooding or pollution, assess structural damage to buildings, and co-ordinate and lead multi-agency meetings to plan recovery.

We have a general emergency plan that will help us to respond to any emergency. We also work in conjunction with the key government and voluntary agencies in order to provide support in the event of a major incident.

Our Emergency Contact List has information on who to contact in the event of an emergency.

For our Household Emergency Life Saving Plan click here.

For more information on Flooding please click here

Welfare Support 

The aftermath of a flood can be very difficult and sometimes overwhelming especially if your home or business has been impacted by significant damage. This can be particularly difficult for the vulnerable, elderly, workers and volunteers helping those affected.

The following are a list of contacts which offer support.

Urgent Help

Anyone in crisis should contact their GP or call Lifeline 0808 808 8000 or if in immediate danger, call 999.


Helplines NI    

Minding Your Head


General Advice

Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE)

General Enquiries: 0344 892 0900 (from 8.30 am to 5.00pm)

Housing Benefit enquires: 0344 892 0902 (from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm)

Housing Executive tenants repairs 0344 892 0901 (8.30 am to 5.00 pm for normal repairs, 24 hour service for emergencies)

Out of Hours Service - Homelessness - 03448 920908


Community Advice (formerly Citizens Advice)

Telephone: 0300 303 0306

Email: advice@advicenmd.com