Grants and Funding
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council operates a number of grants and financial assistance programmes to contribute towards community projects.
Grants and Funding EGMS Hub: click here to login.
Financial Assistance 2023-2024 – Call 1
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council invites applications for financial assistance towards the programmes areas outlined below:
Open to Community Voluntary Sector (ALL)
- Community Engagement
- Community Events & Festivals (Projects running between 01 April 2023 - 30 September 2023)
- Community Growing 'Let's Grow NMD'
- Irish Language
- Local Biodiversity Enhancement
- Minority Communities
- Suicide Prevention & Emotional Wellbeing
Open to Community Voluntary Sector (ALL) and Business
- Tourism Events
Open to Community Associations Only
Applicants must meet the definition of a community association given in the guidance notes, documentation will be required as evidence.
- Community Summer Schemes
Open to Community Associations Managing a Community Facility
Applicants must meet the definitions of a Community Association and community facility given in the guidance notes, documentation will be required as evidence.
- Community Capital for Community Facilities
- Community Facilities Minor Capital Items
- Service Level Agreements for Community Facilities 2023-2027
- Facility Management Agreement 2023-2027 (Closed call for Council-owned facilities only)
Opening Date: Tuesday 6 December 2022 at 12pm
Closing Date: Tuesday 17 January 2023 at 12pm for all themes except Community Capital for Community Facilities which closes on Tuesday 14 February 2023
Online Funding Workshops
Online workshops providing an overview of the themes, key changes for 2023/2024 financial assistance and guidance on procurement will be available on the following dates:
- Monday 12 December 2022, 2pm
- Wednesday 14 December 2022, 7pm
- Thursday 15 December 2022, 10.30am
To book a place on one of the workshops please click here. A link to the online workshop is provided automatically by Eventbrite upon registration.
Please note: All themes are subject to funding availability. Late application submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances.
If you are unable to attend one of the information workshops a video has been provided below.
Groups wishing to be notified of future funding opportunities should request their details to be added to the Councils database by contacting:
The Programmes Unit
T: 0330 137 4040 / 0330 137 4782