Community Support Programme
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council's Community Support Programme
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council's Community Support Programme is managed by the Council's Engagement Section which sits within the Active & Healthy Communities Directorate.
The Council's Community Support Programme seeks to encourage and support activity that promotes community development in ways that helps to improve people’s quality of life.
In seeking to do so, the Council's Engagement Section works with a range of local community, voluntary and statutory organisations and other sectors to deliver its Community Support Programme.
The Council's Community Programme supports a range of activity to support community development throughout the Council area. The Community Support Programme provides financial support for:
- Council's Financial Assistance Scheme
- Council's Community Centres
- Advice Services provided by Community Advice Newry, Mourne and Down (Formally Citizens Advice Newry, Mourne and Down)
- Miscellaneous Council activities
Staff also provide:
- Advice and guidance on community development matters
- Assistance with organisational development through capacity building initiatives
Community Engagement Section
Active & Healthy Communities Department
Oifig Dhún Pádraig
Downshire Civic Centre
Downpatrick BT30 6GQ
Telephone: 0330 137 4000
The Council’s Community Support Programme is part funded by the Department for Communities.