Flooding Support for Businesses
Support for Businesses Impacted by Recent Flooding - Applications Due today Friday 17 November
Flood Emergency Business Financial Support Grant
A grant for occupiers of flooded businesses to assist with immediate response and clean-up costs has been set up. Subject to meeting the criteria below, each business will be eligible for a one-off payment of £7,500.
- To receive payments, businesses are asked to fill in the form which can be accessed via the ‘CLICK HERE’ button below.
- Details must be submitted by all businesses impacted by flooding BEFORE Friday 17 November to receive their payment.
- Please note, this applies even if you have previously provided details to Environmental Health.
- Cheques will be issued on receipt of the received form, and it is expected they will start to be delivered week commencing 13 November.
- The £7,500 grant payments are part of the £15m package is to support the wider economic recovery announced this week by Northern Ireland Secretary Chris Heaton-Harris
If an individual owns several businesses that have been flooded, each business can be considered on its own merits. There is a limit of one payment per business. Where multiple business were trading from the same property, it is the individual businesses who can apply, subject to eligibility. If only a proportion of those business in that same property were flooded, only those businesses who were flooded may apply.
Businesses are asked to fill in the form which can be accessed via the ‘CLICK HERE’ button below.
- The business must have been ordinarily occupied on the date of the flooding incident.
- The business must have been ordinarily trading on the date of the flooding incident and paying the appropriate rates on them.
- The relevant district council has confirmed that the business was flooded.
- The business receiving the payment plans to re-open in due course.
- The business had no insurance to cover flood damage.
- The business must be a SME and trading as such.
- The grant is to support the re-establishment of the business and as such, if they meet the criteria, the payment will be for the business, not necessarily the landlord.
- Public sector properties are excluded.
Rate Relief Schemes for Businesses
Land and Property Services (LPS) has announced that businesses will receive 100% relief from non-domestic rates on flooded properties for the period between 1 November 2023 and 31 March 2024. The rate relief measures will include 100% relief for non-domestic rates on flooded properties as well as support to help businesses temporarily relocate.
Ratepayers do not have to make an application for the relief. The Council will provide LPS with a list of flooded properties and LPS will automatically apply the relief to the rate account.
Ratepayers who have already paid their rates for the current year in full will receive a refund. For more information please click here
Advice and Support for General Flooding Incidents
Rate Relief Schemes for Businesses
Land and Property Services (LPS) can assist ratepayers and businesses experiencing financial difficulties. It is essential that ratepayers impacted by flooding contact LPS as soon as possible to discuss options that best suit their circumstances.
Click here to view the LPS webinar presentation which outlines different rate relief options: Land & Property Services Online Information Session
Land & Property Services
T: 0300 200 7801 (calls charged at local rate)
Text Relay: 18001 0300 200 7801
Business Support Non-Domestic & Commercial properties
• Information and an online Application Form to have a property’s valuation revised is available on www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/business-rates-valuing-alterations-existing-properties
• When Land & Property Services (LPS) receives an application a LPS Valuer will visit and assess the property to determine if the damage merits an amendment to the Net Annual Value and revision of the Valuation List entry.
• If the application does not result in an amendment to the Valuation List, ratepayers may consider applying for relief under the Hardship Rate Relief Scheme.
Hardship Rate Relief Scheme
Hardship Rate Relief for non-domestic rates is aimed at providing rate relief to assist a business in its recovery from a temporary crisis resulting from an exceptional circumstance.
Download an application form from the nibusinessinfo website: www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/hardship-rate-relief
To download the LPS Hardship Rate Relief booklet please click HERE
Non Domestic Vacant Rating (and Exclusions)
Businesses can apply for rate relief for vacant commerical properties.
Download an application form from the nibusinessinfo website: https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/non-domestic-vacant-rating
Land & Property Services (LPS)
Land & Property Services (LPS) can consider the circumstances of properties impacted by flooding on a case-by-case basis.
For more information on Rates Relief please click on the following links:
- Property changes and Business Rates
- Hardship Rate Relief Scheme
- Non Domestic Vacant Rating (and Exclusions)
- Rate Relief Presentation NMDDC-November 2023