New NI Planning Portal Launches
We can confirm that the new Planning Portal was launched on Monday 5 December 2022 for 10 of the 11 Councils in Northern Ireland and the Department for Infrastructure (excludes Mid Ulster).
This allows customers to:
- submit planning applications online
- view, comment on and track live planning applications online
- report breaches of planning control online (enforcement complaints)
- submit requests for regional property certificates online
A public register where customers can search for and view historical applications will also be provided. As part of the preparations for this, the old system closed over the weekend of 18 - 20 November 2022 to facilitate data extraction.
The Councils and Department will continued to accept new planning applications during the transition period but copies of the submitted forms and plans will not be made available online until the new Planning Portal is launched. These applications will continue to be checked by staff offline in preparation for being uploaded and will be advertised, neighbour notified and consultations issued once the new Planning Portal is up and running.
The current Public Access website will continue to be available during the transition period from 21 November onwards so that citizens can view applications but it will no longer accept online comments or track applications. Instead customers can submit their comments to us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to either of the following addresses:
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council, Planning Department, Oifig Dhún Pádraig, Downpatrick Office, Downshire Civic Centre, Ardglass Road, BT30 6GQ
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council, Planning Department, Oifig an Iúir, Newry Office, Monaghan Row, Newry, BT35 8DJ
In addition, Public Access user details will not be transferred. Therefore, if you currently have a Public Access account, this will close and the details will be deleted when the website is taken offline. Should you wish to use the tracking or comment features on the new Planning Portal or to submit an application online, you will need to create a user account upon first use of the new system after it launches.
List of frequently asked questions about the new Planning Portal
Click here to acess a list of frequently asked questions about the new Planning Portal.
If you have any further queries, please contact the Council's Planning Service:
T: 0330 137 4036