New NI Planning Portal 2022
Change is on the Way-5 December 2022
In June 2020, 10 Councils including Newry, Mourne and Down District Council and Northern Ireland’s Department for Infrastructure, awarded a £40 million contract to Terraquest to develop a new planning software solution and an online planning application submission service.
The new service is aiming to go live on 5 December 2022 and will facilitate the move to online and paperless submissions of planning applications, including all requests for regional property certificates.
The new system will provide a more responsive and efficient planning service across both local and central government and make it easier for members of the public and agents to interact with and improve access to documents at a time and place convenient to the user. It will replace the existing Northern Ireland Planning Portal.
It is critical that we all maximise the benefits associated with this system.
Some of the key benefits are set out below and the Council looks forward to working with you, our customers and stakeholders in delivering and operating this innovative technological support for an enhanced and more effective planning and property certificate services.
- Deliver enhanced interfaces for users, including submitting applications, making payments and accessing information.
- Enables planning services to be delivered in line with the legislative framework in Northern Ireland.
- Remove the need for paper-based transactions and processes, moving planning, and the regional property certificates unit; to provide a fully digital solution.
- Enable full automation in the delivery of planning services and regional property certificates and the rationalisation and simplification of workflows and processes.
- Allow the Council to deliver planning services with a reduced resource requirement.
- Provide the capability to enhance mobile support for planning officers to undertake remote working.
- Increase the opportunity for users to self-serve when accessing planning services (i.e. access services online without having to telephone/write to authorities).
- Enable users to more easily track the application process by accessing up-to-date (i.e. real time) information online.
Updates on progress and launch date will be posted to this page and via the Council's Corporate social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) regularly.
More information on this system will be published from Newry, Mourne and Down District Council and the Department for Infrastructure over the coming months.
If you have any queries, please contact the Council's Planning Service:
T: 0330 137 4036