Mountain Biking Trails
There are currently 27.5km of Green, Blue and Red trails (including two Black options). There is no charge for individuals to use the trails. Groups wishing to organise events or coaching and guiding on the designated trails will have to apply for approval to do so, for which a fee will apply (see section below on ‘How to apply to hold an event in Castlewellan Forest Park’). Usual vehicle access charges will apply for the Forest Park.
For further information on the trails and current trail centre conditions, please click on the link www.mountainbikeni.com
Mountain Biking Trail Code Of Conduct
Stay safe on Northern Ireland's purpose-built trails by adhering to the MountainBikeNI.com Code of Conduct below. Make sure you know this code before you head out on the trails and remember to always be safety conscious.
- Please only ride on official mountain biking trails
- Please ride on open trails only & adhere to any diversions
- Please always follow one way system
- Please keep left on dual directional trails
- Respect other trail users and exercise caution when the trails cross other trails or walking routes.
- Keep your bike in good working order
- Carry a puncture repair kit, a tool kit and small first aid kit at all times and know how to use them.
- Helmets and gloves should be worn at all times
- Ride within your abilities and keep your bike under control
- Follow the Leave No Trace principles.
Do your bit to help prevent the spread of plant disease and invasive species.
- After your ride: Brush any loose material off your wheels, footwear and bike and if possible wash down your bike.
- Before your next ride: Clean your bike thoroughly.