Home Telephone Location New Telephone Numbers

Google Translate is not 100% accurate

Starting Up A New Food Business?

Food Business Registration. If you would like to start up a new food business or take over an existing one, you must register with the Council. Registration is free and needs to be completed 28 days before opening.

To register please complete the online food premises registration form or visit our office.

The New Premise Guide prepared by our department provides useful information on starting up a new food business.

These leaflets produced by the Food Standards Agency may answer some questions about starting up a food business.

Starting Up – Your first steps to running a catering business

Food Hygiene – A Guide For Businesses

EC Approval

If you produce food of animal origin, your premises will need to be approved by the Council or the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA).  Premises that require approval are likely to be commercial and supply other businesses. Examples of products and processes that need to be approved include:

  • Collagen
  • Dairy products
  • Eggs/Egg products
  • Fishery products
  • Frogs Legs/Snails
  • Gelatine
  • Meat preparations
  • Meat Products
  • Mechanically separated meat
  • Minced meat
  • Rendered aimal fats and greaves
  • Shellfish
  • Treated stomachs, bladders and Intestines.

To register for EC approval, please complete and return the approval form or visit our office.

Further guidance on completing the approval application from can be found here

For further information: FSA Approval of Establishments

Contact Details


Telephone: 0330 137 4024