Some important information to be aware of before attending our Leisure Centres
Our Leisure Centres currently operate the following admission policy for its users:
- All children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a responsible adult (at least 16 years old) at all times.
- An adult (aged 16 years or over) may accompany one child under the age of four or two children where at least one of the children is aged over four years.
- You must be 12 years or over to book a lane swimming session (you may be asked for ID).
Important COVID-19 Guidance:
- Don’t use our leisure facilities if you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms.
- Remember to keep your distance.
- Wash hands well and often and make full use of our hand sanitiser points.
- Customers expected to arrive ready to undertake an activity and change/shower at home.
- Take along water to hydrate as water fountains are out of use for your safety.
- Designated toilet provisions will be available.
- A queuing system will be in place on admission to the facility.
- You do not have to wear a face covering in a gym or swimming pool as well as any other place where the purpose of your attendance is aerobic exercise. We would however, like to encourage our customers to use a face covering in any other enclosed spaces on Council premises where social distancing is more difficult.
Guidance for Swimming Pools:
- We have reduced capacities in all of our swimming pools and activities will be organised differently. Swimmers will be admitted in a regulated order based on session start times. Swim sessions will be strictly 60 mins.
- We ask that all customers to arrive beach ready with your swimming costume already on underneath your clothes.
- Changing rooms and lockers will be available.
- Showers are unavailable. We ask that you shower at home before and after your swim.
- Make sure to bring an extra towel – our hairdryers are not available just at the moment, as they can move water vapour through the air.
- You’ll need to bring your own equipment, like googles and floats, if you have them and please make sure they are clean and identifiable as yours before you arrive.
- When you are in the pool remember to leave a gap between you and other swimmers, and keep to your allocated lane. Follow the same direction of travel when lane swimming so as to avoid side by side lane swimming with the swimmers beside you. Please do not overtake whilst swimming. Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching
- Look out for one-way only floor markings and signs at pool side and when getting in and out of the pool to show you where to go.
- Spectators are not permitted in the centre as viewing areas remain closed to the public.
- Pool pods and hoists will be available for customers who require them.
No refunds or credit notes will be issued unless the session is cancelled by Newry, Mourne and Down District Council.
Cancellations and Withdrawals
- We reserve the right to cancel, postpone or change the session.
- If we cancel the session we will refund any ticket fees paid
If you have an enquiry you can also contact us on 0330 137 4026.
Health Commitment Statement
We are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy the equipment and facilities that we offer. With this in mind we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Coronavirus is a highly contagious (it spreads easily). Your health and the health of other gym/facility users is your responsibility.
Our commitment to you
- We will put in place the government guidelines published online at www.gov.uk. These guidelines are aimed at reducing the risk of spreading Coronavirus.
- We will carry out a risk assessment and make changes to manage social distancing and provide effective infection control.
- We will provide you with information about these changes, including any rules that we ask you to follow.
Your commitment to us and other gym/facility users
- Do not enter the gym/facility if you or anyone in your household has coronavirus symptoms.
- By entering the gym/facility you accept that even though we have put in place the government guidelines you are still at risk of getting coronavirus. Make yourself aware of the government guidelines published online at ww.gov.uk about protecting yourself and others from coronavirus and follow them.
- Make yourself aware of the changes we have made and any rules we ask you to follow, and follow them.
Relating to Exercise
Our commitment to you
- We will respect your personal decisions, and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that our equipment and facilities are clean and safe for you to use and enjoy for the normal purpose they were intended for. Bear in mind that we are not able to clean or inspect equipment and facilities after each use.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that our staff are qualified to the fitness-industry standards set by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity.
- If you tell us you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our equipment and facilities we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
- Do not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before you use our equipment and facilities you should get advice from a relevant medical professional, and follow that advice.
- Make yourself aware of any rules and instructions, including warning notices, and follow them. Exercise carries its own risks. When you are exercising, you are responsible for the risks involved. You should not carry out any activities which you have been told are not suitable for you.
- Let us know immediately if our equipment or facilities are unsafe to use or if you feel ill when using our equipment or facilities. Our staff members are not qualified doctors, but there will be a person available who has had first-aid training.
- If you have a disability, follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to exercise safely.