In light of the latest travel restrictions and social distancing guidelines, we would ask that any licensing applications are now emailed or posted to us at our Monaghan Row or Downshire Civic Centre offices.
All correspondence should be emailed to: email@example.com
As with all post being received at present, there will be a delay in processing applications. We hope to resolve the delay in processing incoming post in the near future.
The Betting and Gaming (Northern Ireland) Order 2004 amends The Betting, Gaming, Lotteries and Amusements (NI) Order 1985.
Article 10 – Amusement Permits
An Amusement Permit:
- authorises the operation of gaming machines with a maximum all-cash prize of £25 (delivered directly from the machine) with an age restriction of over 18’s only within this area
- authorises the operation of lower prize gaming machines, with no age restrictions on those who can play these machines (maximum prize value £8).
Issue of permit will be subject to the following conditions.
Where those under 18 are admitted to premises:
- any £25 prize gaming machines are located in an area of the premises separated from the rest of the premises by an effective physical barrier
- only those 18 or over are admitted to the area of the premises in which £25 machines are located
- access to an area where £25 machines are located should be supervised by management
- at any entrance to, and inside any area of the premises in which such machines are located, there are prominently displayed notices indicating that access by those under 18 is prohibited.
Where admission to the premises is restricted to those aged 18 or over:
- no-one under 18 is admitted to the premises
- at any entrance to and inside the premises, notices are prominently displayed indicating that access by those under 18 is prohibited.
- the Council may refuse to renew the permit if the relevant conditions are not complied with.
Applications for renewal should be made before the expiry date of permit, otherwise the application will be treated as an application for Grant of Permit and legal advertisements will be required to be made by applicant.
Amusement Permit Fees
|Permit with maximum all - cash prize of £25||£250|
|Permit with maximum all - cash prize of £8||£32|
Cheques should be made payable to: Newry, Mourne and Down District Council
How To Apply
Application forms can be obtained from:
|Oifig an Iúir||Oifig Dhún Pádraig|
|Newry Office||Downpatrick Office|
|Licensing Section||Licensing Section|
|O’Hagan House||Downshire Civic Centre, Downshire Estate|
|Monaghan Row||Ardglass Road|
|Newry BT35 8DJ||Downpatrick BT30 6GQ|
or by clicking on the links in the downloads section:
Telephone: 0330 137 4030