Leisure Services Information
Going to the gym, swimming pool or fitness class:
- You can go to the gym in any of our leisure centres at your convenience and there is no need to book in advance.
- You can come along to the swimming pools in Newry and Down Leisure Centres at your convenience Monday to Friday every week. There will be no need to book your swim session in advance during the week, you can simply ‘walk in’ to book, pay and attend your swim session.
- Newry and Down Leisure Centre swimming pools can be very busy at weekends and we aim to avoid disappointment for those travelling a distance or taking young children swimming. We would therefore, advise booking in advance via the NMD Be Active app to ensure entry at your chosen time slot at weekends. (If you purchase a general swimming ticket you will have access to the main pool, learner pool and leisure pool in Newry.)
Please note: Swimming pools and health suites in Newry Leisure Centre will close every Wednesday between 2pm and 3pm for staff training.
- You must book all swimming session in Kilkeel Leisure Centre in advance via the NMD Be Active app or by calling 0330 137 4026.
- You must book all fitness classes in advance on the NMD Be Active app or online. You can also book by phone by calling 0330 137 4026.
For information on downloading the NMD Be Active app go to: https://www.newrymournedown.org/be-active-app
Autism friendly swims and soft play sessions
- Autism friendly swim sessions are available to book in Newry, Kilkeel and Down Leisure Centre. You can book and pay for your autism friendly swim sessions in advance here
Soft Play in Newry Leisure Centre is now open to the public. You can simply come along and pay for your session at Reception.
Soft Play Opening Times
- Monday to Thursday: 9am to 8pm
- Friday: 9am to 3.30pm and 5.30pm to 8pm
- Saturday: 9am to 11.30am and 3pm to 5pm
- Sunday: 10am to 1pm and 3pm to 5pm
Our health suites in Newry Leisure Centre, Down Leisure Centre and Newcastle Centre are open for customers to enjoy. Unfortunately, our health suite (sauna, steam room and jacuzzi) in Kilkeel Leisure Centre is closed while we complete some upgrade work. We will update our customers when we are in a position to reopen our Kilkeel Health Suite as soon as possible. If you are a Platinum All Inclusive member access to the health suites at Newry and Down Leisure Centres is included in your membership.
We are currently experiencing a high demand for swimming lesson places at present and we are working hard to introduce new lessons when we can. Please do keep an eye on the NMD Be Active Facebook page where we will advertise any new swimming lesson places as soon as they become available.
Our Customers Safety
We encourage our customers to wear face masks in communal areas, make full use of hand sanitiser stations throughout our buildings and social distance in busy areas where possible. Do not attend our leisure centres if you feel unwell or are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms. Please note, that if we experience significant demand for our services and we need to ensure the safety of our customers, we may in some cases have to reintroduce session booking.
Changing cubicles and lockers will be available in our swimming and gym areas. Showers and hair dryers will also be available. We encourage our customers to arrive ready to train/ swim and shower at home where possible.
The following facilities and services will continue to REMAIN CLOSED:
Ballymote Sport and Wellbeing Centre.
How will this affect my membership?
We want to reassure all our members that they will be given any appropriate discounts or extensions to their membership if impacted by COVID-19 restrictions and the closure of some of our leisure facilities. You can get in touch using the following email addresses:
Newry Leisure Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
Down Leisure Centre and Ballymote Sports and Wellbeing Centre: email@example.com
Kilkeel Leisure Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
Newcastle Centre: email@example.com