Arts, Culture and Heritage
Call for Expressions of Interests – Development and delivery of St Patrick’s Day Festivals in Newry and Downpatrick on 17 March 2019
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council is seeking Expressions of Interest from artists, performers, bands and stakeholders who wish to support and be involved in the development, enhancement and delivery of the St Patricks Day parades in Downpatrick and Newry on 17 March 2019. The Council welcomes expressions of interest from artists, performers, bands and groups who can support the delivery of cross-community parades. Expressions of Interest will be welcome in particular from artists, performers, bands and stakeholder groups that:
- Have experience of being involved in and delivering Arts and Tourism based programmes, activities and events,
- Have experience of being involved in or delivering good relations / community relations events and / or cultural events
- Can work with and attract input from a wide-range of cross-community based groups and local businesses.
The Council seeks to appoint stakeholder groups to work closely with community and business stakeholders, artists, performers and bands to develop and deliver the parades in March 2019.
In the process of developing the events, the appointed groups should be able to identify and engage with a diverse range of local stakeholders to develop the events’ themes and programming, and to support the various different groups to work together to develop and deliver the parades. The events should provide a high-quality visitor experience, and should positively highlight the tourism, culture, arts and heritage offering of the district.
The appointed groups will support Council officers in delivering the following elements:
- Artistic development of the parades
- Working with community and business stakeholders to encourage cross community engagement and participation in the parades
- Working with Council officers to develop the marketing and promotion of the parades.
Interested artists, performers, bands and stakeholder groups should email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit information to a member of staff in the Visitor Information Centre in Bagenal’s Castle, Newry or the Visitor Information Centre in The Saint Patrick’s Centre, Downpatrick. Interested parties should provide their contact details and information on how they can be involved in or help to support the development and delivery of the parades. Expressions of interest must be submitted no later than 12noon on Thursday 22 November 2018.