Welcome to Newry, Mourne and Down District Council’s Job Opportunities website.
Our commitment to delivering high quality services means that we want to employ talented and committed people who share our values of:
|Citizen Focused||We will actively encourage citizen and community engagement, as well as be a listening and responsive Council.|
|Accountable||We will make decisions based on an objective assessment of need and operate in a transparent way as well as openly report on our performance.|
|Collaborative||We will actively encourage and pursue working in partnership and at all levels to deliver for our District.|
|Sustainable||We will take into account the social, economic and environmental impacts of our decisions on current and future generations.|
|Fairness||We will proactively target actions at those which are marginalised in our community.|
In return we are able to provide:
- A progressive, supportive working environment
- A range of family friendly policies
- Training opportunities
- Subsidised Access to fitness and leisure facilities
- Competitive salaries
To view our current vacancies and enter our secure on line recruitment Click Here.
If you want to apply for a vacancy, you can apply in the following ways:
- Apply on line for all jobs. For many of our vacancies, this will be how to apply for a position with the Council.
For certain jobs you may also be able to:
- Request an application pack by writing to us, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope with postage to the value of £1.26.
- Call into our offices in Downpatrick or Newry to collect an application pack
For each job advertised you will find:-
- Essential Candidate information (Job Description, Person Specification together with the Summary Terms and Conditions of Employment)
- Guidance notes for completing your application form
- Application form (including Fair Employment Monitoring Form)
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Information about Newry, Mourne and Down District Council
You must read the Applicant’s guidance before applying. It will give you all the necessary information you need to ensure you complete the application form correctly. Please pay particular attention to the closing date and time for the receipt of applications. Applications received after this time and date, including those submitted electronically will not be considered.
Remember to complete your application with sufficient information to demonstrate how, and to what extent, you meet the job requirements. Candidates will only be shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment process on the basis of the information provided in the application form. Should you be shortlisted for interview, you should be prepared to provide original and photocopies of any qualification certificates which you have relied on in your application.
We regret we are unable to neither consider CVs nor accept completed applications by fax and due to the volume of applications we receive, unless you apply on line, we will not be able to acknowledge individual receipt of application forms. We will however,
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. If you have a disability or encounter any difficulty with our recruitment process, please contact us on 0300 013 2233, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you may wish to call into our offices at
Downshire Civic Centre