Call for Social Partners for PEACE IV Partnership
The Newry, Mourne and Down District Council PEACE IV Partnership (2017 – 2020) wishes to recruit social partner positions and create reserve lists of appropriate appointees for the whole of the Newry, Mourne and Down District Council area:
This is a voluntary appointment with only travel costs and minor expenses reimbursed. Social partners are appointed on an individual basis and be advocates of processes to address issues of sectarianism and racism.
Successful candidates will:
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Be required to attend a minimum of 8 meetings per annum.
- Have an understanding of the sectarianism and racism issues facing the Newry, Mourne and Down District Council area.
- Have relevant knowledge, skills and experience gained through professional and / or community and voluntary undertakings, which are directly applicable to the Peace IV programme.
- Have a generic understanding of good relations and in particular issues around ex-combatants, interface areas, ex-political prisoners and youth.
- Have experience of successful partnership working or committee membership involving a range of partners such as community organisations, statutory bodies, local council etc.
- Be committed to actively promoting and participating in all aspects of the Peace IV programme and encourage community participation.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct.
- Candidates should have a knowledge and understanding of the principles of corporate governance and standards of behaviour.
Closing Date: Wednesday 22 June 2016 at 12noon