Expression of Interest - Coastal Flavours Cluster Membership
The Council has been successful in securing funding under the DAERA Rural Tourism Collaborative Experiences Programme and is seeking expressions of interests from artisan food and drink businesses within the Newry, Mourne and Down region to become members of the Coastal Flavours Cluster.
The Cluster will seek to integrate local authentic food and drink businesses with tourism providers in a collaborative manner to create saleable visitor experiences that showcase the exemplary food and drink offering in the Newry, Mourne and Down region.
This initiative will bring together food and drink SME’s and partners in the Mourne, Strangford and Gullion aspiring UNESCO Global Geopark to help build the potential economic, social and environmental benefits that can be created from collaborative working.
The Coastal Flavour Visitor Experiences will support other tourism product categories such as Activities, landscape, Vikings, Golf, Health & Wellbeing, Heritage and Myths & Legends within Newry, Mourne and Down region.
To meet the Expression of Interest criteria, your business must;
- Be located within the Newry, Mourne and Down area
- Be an artisan food & drink related business and/or focus on quality home grown produce
- Be willing to share your story within the context of the Newry, Mourne and Down region
- Be willing to collaborate with colleagues in the destination
- Be willing to create bookable, saleable tourism experiences that give visitors reasons to travel and explore the Newry, Mourne and Down region, thereby generating economic benefits for your business and the wider destination.
Submission Deadline: Friday 30 April 2021
To express your interest please click here
Save the Date:
The first information session is scheduled to take place virtually on Wednesday 12 May 2021 and full details will be made available to those who complete an Expression of Interest.