Work Start Pre-Employment Support
The focus for the Work Start Programme will be to support participants to employment, alongside additional education, training, or other opportunities which will help to improve the participants employability.
The Work Start Programme provides targeted, personalised, effective employment assistance and advice to job seekers.
The desired impact is to support participants to find fulfilling, lasting, paid work and for those claiming Universal Credit and in poorly paid jobs to get better paid work.
Out of Work Participants
- Job seekers with a resident location in the District
- 18 to 24-year-olds unemployed 6+ months
- 25+ year-olds unemployed 12+ months (long term unemployed)
- 18+ year-olds economically inactive
- Universal Credit claimants who are in low paid employment
- Those at risk of losing their job
- Others that although not long-term unemployed are considered by the LMP to warrant the provision of intensive employment support services.
Eligible participants can avail of
- Maximum of 12 weeks of on programme support PLUS 4 weeks in work support
- Assigned Work Coach providing 1:1 support / small group workshops delivered in a hybrid format.
- Assistance with
- CV Development
- Job Search techniques
- Interview support & skills
- Basic IT/Digital Skills and social media
- Confidence Building / Personal Development
- Wraparound support (to help participants overcome individual barriers to employment)