Rural Business Development Grant Pilot Scheme
The Tackling Rural Poverty and Social Isolation Programme’s (TRPSI) Rural Business Development Grant Pilot Scheme opens for applications on Monday 18 November, application forms and guidance notes will be available for downloading from this site on this date.
The Tackling Rural Poverty and Social Isolation Programme’s (TRPSI) Rural Business Development Grant Pilot Scheme aims to sustain and support the development of micro rural businesses across Northern Ireland by providing a small capital grant for the business. The TRPSI Programme is funded by the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, and this grant Programme is administered and managed by local Councils.
This is a pilot capital grant scheme to support the purchase of new capital items or activities including equipment, machinery and building works, which cost no more than £20,000. Examples of eligible expenditure includes computer equipment with associated software, new equipment or machinery, or minor building works to bring an area of a building back into economic use or improve/change the use of the building.
Level of Funding Available
The Scheme can provide funding for up to 50% of costs for capital items up to a maximum of £4,999. The minimum grant awarded will be £500. The total cost of the capital project must be a minimum of £1,000 and must not exceed £20,000. Applicants must provide the remaining match funding towards the project.
- Businesses should employ less than 10 fulltime equivalent employees.
- Businesses must be based in a rural area within the Newry, Mourne and Down District Council area. A rural area is defined as an area with a population of less than 5,000 residents.
- After receiving a Letter of Offer (estimated mid-February 2020) successful applicants must begin and complete their project by 31 March 2020.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or above at the application deadline.
- Only one application can be accepted per business.
More information on eligibility criteria and how to apply is available by attendance at one of the following workshops or online by viewing the TRPSI Guidance Notes.
- Tuesday 26 November 2019 7pm to 8pm Downshire Civic Centre, Downpatrick
- Thursday 28 November 2019 7pm to 8pm Carcullion House, Hilltown
- Tuesday 3 December 2019 7pm to 8pm Crossmaglen Community Centre
Please note – you must register to attend a workshop.
Applicants who are deemed successful must be able to attend a Letter Of Offer workshop w/c 17 February 2020. Failure to attend this workshop will result in your Letter of Offer being withdrawn.
How to Apply
Business Development Unit
T: 0300 013 2233
Posted applications which are not received by the Council before the closing time and date will not be accepted.