Good Relations Programme
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council's Good Relations Programme
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council's Good Relations Programme is managed by the Council's Engagement Section which sits within the Active and Healthy Communities Directorate.
The Council's Good Relations Programme seeks to encourage and support activity that promotes good relations between people from different backgrounds to help improve people’s quality of life.
In seeking to do so, the Council's Engagement Section works with a range of local community, voluntary and statutory organisations and other sectors to deliver the Good Relations Programme.
The Council's Good Relations Programme supports a range of activity to foster good relations throughout the Council area. The Good Relations Programme provides financial support for:
- Council's District Electoral Area (DEA) Forums
- Council's Good Relations Small Grants Scheme
- Council's Ethnic Minority Support Centre
- Newry, Mourne & Down (inter-agency) Intercultural Forum
- Newry, Mourne & Down (inter-agency) Traveller Forum
- Council's Decade of Centenaries Programme
- Council's Annual St Patrick's Day Cross Community Celebrations in Downpatrick and Newry
- Miscellaneous Council activities
Staff also provide:
- Advice and guidance on Good Relations matters
- Assistance with organisational development through capacity building initiatives
Community Engagement Section
Active & Healthy Communities Department
Oifig Dhún Pádraig
Downshire Civic Centre
Downpatrick BT30 6GQ
Telephone: 0300 013 2233
The Council’s Good Relations Programme is part funded by The Executive Office.
The 2017/18 Programme report and video are now available on the TEO website - click here to view.